_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Quick Chicken, Cheddar, Bacon "Rice" Casserole

Friday, September 5, 2014

Quick Chicken, Cheddar, Bacon "Rice" Casserole

Another great recipe from GoodCook.com that would work very well in the Tupperware Stack Cooker.  I love using my Stack Cooker and my microwave - which is a wonderful addition to my cooking repertoire.

This looks so awesome, I may be trying it tonight ... I think I just might have everything in my kitchen already!



Microwave Chicken, Cheddar & Bacon “Rice” Casserole

The fastest dinner on the block is one that’s already a favorite! We've taken the classic Broccoli and Cheddar Casserole and turned it into a deliciously simple microwave meal! All the ingredients can be purchased pre-made. All you have to do is mix, microwave, and serve up a deliciously homemade dinner in minutes!
Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups Uncooked orzo pasta
  • 1 (10.5 oz) Can chicken broth
  • 1 (10.5 oz) Can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 pound Cooked diced chicken
  • 1 (16 oz) bag Frozen chopped broccoli
  • 2 cups Sharp cheddar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1.) Tools Needed: Good Cook Microwave-safe bowl
2.) Place orzo and chicken broth in a large bowl. Cook on high for 12-15 minutes, just until the pasta becomes tender.
3.) Stir in cream of mushroom soup, diced chicken, broccoli, and cheddar. Return to the microwave and cook an additional 5 minutes, just until the cheese melts and the casserole becomes hot. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe created by  exclusively for Good Cook

The only thing I would change is no Mushroom Soup, I'd use Cream of Chicken, since hubby and daughter don't "do" mushrooms.  BUT, Thank you GoodCook.com for another AWESOME recipe!

1 comment:

Terri Beavers said...

This looks SO GOOD. I haven't had time to get in my kitchen lately and I need to slow down and smell the food lol. Thanks for sharing!!